A Grand Weekend for Middleville Gymnasts!
This weekend, Gymnastics in Motion joined over 50 other gymnastics clubs at the Gymnastics on the Grand Invitational in Grand Rapids. The three day event attracted over 2,400 gymnasts from across the state and the Midwest.
Five Gymnastics in Motion teams competed: Level 2, Level 3, Xcel Silver, Xcel Gold, and Xcel Platinum.
Lead by coaches D’Anna Tuinstra and Megan Baldry, the Level 2 and 3 gymnasts earned x blue ribbons on vault, uneven bars, balance beam, and floor exercises in their second meet of the 2017 – 2018 season.
The Xcel teams, coached by Brooke Newman and D’Anna Tuinstra brought home 56 medals, including nine first place medals.
The gymnasts exhibited strength, grace, and tremendous skill on all four events.
The following gymnasts earned at least one third place or better medals in their age group during the event:
- Abby Vandenbroeck – Floor Exercises – 1st; Uneven Bars – 7th
- Abby Dumond – Floor Exercises – 2nd, Beam – 3rd, Uneven Bars – 5th; Vault – 6th; All Around – 3rd
- Kristin Smelker – Beam – 3rd; Vault – 4th; Uneven Bars – 4th; Floor Exercises – 7th; All Around – 2nd
- Hope Carley – Floor Exercises – 1st; Uneven Bars – 7th; Beam – 8th; Vault – 10th; All Around 8th
- Kylee Bosworth – Vault – 1st; Uneven Bars – 5th; Balance Beam – 2nd; Floor – 1st; All Around – 1st
- Ailana Leos – Floor Exercises – 1st; Beam – 2nd; Uneven Bars – 2nd; Vault – 7th; All Around – 2nd
- Ariana Longstreet – Beam – 1st; Uneven Bars – 3rd; Floor Exercises – 2nd; Vault – 7th; All Around – 2nd
- Violeta Sanchez – Beam – 1st; Floor Exercises – 2nd; Bars – 8th; Vault; 10th; All Around – 5th
The team will next compete at Snowfest in Kalamazoo in January 2018.